David Shepherd

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:21:47 -0000, "John Manders"
wrote:

Norm A did a program fitting out a home shop and had a good way of mounting
wall cupboards. He ripped a piece of wood (about 3 x 2) at 45 deg. He
screwed one piece to the wall with the slant on top and back towards the
wall and the other piece to the top of the cupboard the other way round.
When he hung the cupboard on the wall, the two pieces fitted back together
again like a hook. Difficult to explain but I thought it was a great idea.

Often called a French Cleat, though I've no idea why. An example of it
can be found he
url:http://www.newwoodworker.com/frenchcleat.html

Dave