Jonathan Goodish

In article ,
"George E. Cawthon" wrote:
Smoking? And you didn't stop? yep, that is dumb, but you
know that.

Actually, I did stop after it was apparent that the bar and chain were
smoking. It wasn't apparent what was happening at first.

I have noticed that a chain that is wearing will go through softer woods
without a problem but will not go through harder woods, such as oak.
Given the fact that day 2 began with the oak, the distinction between
the two wasn't as apparent as it would have been had I moved immediately
from softer to harder woods. But, you're right, I now know how to
instantly recognize when a chain isn't performing as it should.

JKG