Bill Rubenstein

I don't agree. The low speed grinders are also slow speed grinders.
Grinding will take so long that you will avoid doing it when you should.

Get a 3400 rpm grinder and a either buy a jig system or build one. The
Oneway system is good. Get some good white or blue wheels and learn how
to grind with a light touch.

Many suggest using a 1700 rpm grinder. Maybe it would be good to start
with but you will get frustrated with the wasted time after you know how
to grind. There are several dual speed grinders out there.

As to wheels -- my find wheel is 80 grit and the roughing wheel is 36.
Some would say that is too coarse but it works for me.

As to size -- I grind on a 7" Baldor. For many years I ground on an
inexpensive 8" grinder with 7" wheels.

Bill

Rick Samuel wrote:
Have an old grinder that has seen better days, it has 6" wheels. Have a
Jet 1014 on order.
Anyone have ideas as to what to replace my grinder with? The low speed,
(70 to 400) wet, looks like a good idea. Comments welcome. Thanks in
advance.