andrewpreece

"bobonacus" wrote in message

Hi,

I replaced the circulator pump in my system and I now have no pressure
from the boiler!

I shut off the valves either side of the pump before replacing.

I took the pump out and opened the valve from the boiler ( I confirmed
it was opening by putting a screwdriver up the pipe!) but nothing came
through. There is no header tank in the loft, the water feed pipe
disapears off down through the floor boards and I can't trace it.

The boiler is a potterton PrimaB.

Questions:
1. I don't understand where the feed is coming from, does anyone know
anything about this type of boiler, can't seem to find any info on the
net. I assume it is a sealed system?

2. There are two pipes that go straight up from the boiler and stop at
a little pot thing with what looks like a car tyre valve dust cap on
the top, not sure what they are

[image: http://www.rob-k.co.uk/boiler.jpg]

cheers for any help

Robert

--
bobonacus

The little pot with the Schraeder valve thingy is the air separator: I
believe the knurled cap should be unscrewed a turn or two to allow air
venting.

I'm not too sure what your other problem is. Are you saying your pressure
guage is reading zero? If so ( i.e. you have a sealed pressurised system ),
then you need to get some water into the loop. This is usually achieved with
a 'filling loop'. Depending on your boiler, this may be a braided pipe with
a valve at either end goig from your mains cold water feed pipe to the CH
flow ( or return ) pipe. Alternatively, it could have been remved ( it is
supposed to be to stop leaks into the mains water system, so you'll need to
fid one and connect it up, or perhaps you will have a built in filling loop
in some discreet position beneath your boiler, and there will be a couple of
'tiny valves that need opening with specail keys ( a bit like raiator
keys ). Bottom line is, you need to open two valves to allow mains water
into your CH loop to pressurise it ( and then close them again ).

Andy.