69strat

Default Carpet stain in new house! Help PLEASE!

We have this plant which is a planter and then inside a decorative
basket. We've had it in our living room for over a year. I just moved
it when we put up the Xmas tree. Well I moved it back a few days ago
and the brown carpet is now orangey rust colored. Very ugly.

I found a leak inside the planter. and it soaked through the brown
basket. It looks just like rust, but how could it be? There is no
metal anywhere. Products like Resolve don't do anything.

I was going to try Whink but I have a pet and have read that this stuff
is extremely dangerous. What else can I try short of getting new
carpet?
Your advice is very much needed and appreciated.

thanks
Jeff