Rob Gray

Default Replacing "Shower Board"

Someone posted about this subject a few weeks back and I have some more
questions. I am getting ready to replace the "shower board" material
(material is a composite board material with a waterproof shiny front
that looks like tile) in a shower in my family's vacation place. The
existing board was put in about 25 years ago and it has worked very well
but needs replacing. I bought the new board at Home Depot and the
adhesive they recommend using. I have a few questions on installing this
stuff though, as follows:

1) The product comes with plastic border strips both for seams and
corners. Do I also need to use bathroom sylicone sealent along all edges
for water-tightness?

2) Someone here noted to be sure the board does not touch the tub, but
that I leave a slight gap to avoid the water "wicking" up into the
board. How big a gap do I leave?

Any other suggestions would also be welcome!

Rob
NE PA