T i m

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:41:08 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

You won't mind paying one pound if you have a hundred weight of flat
pack. In certains shops car parks round here it would be good if they
charged. You might actually get a space instead of wasting several
quid on petrol queueing. Not to mention that time is money!

That's one reason we substituted one car for a scooter. It's surprising how
much shopping you can get in the panniers and top box - not a mattress
though ...

By 'scooter' do you mean 'scooter' or stepthrough motorcycle / moped
Mary (just out of curiosity)?

But you can always find space to park and never have to sit in a queue
burning fuel.

No but you have to sit in the rain getting cold (well except my hands
(heated grips) and feet (flat twin) ;-)

There's only been one day in two years when we've felt the desirability of
another car and that was when we wanted to take granddaughters somewhere
when the big car was full. Their parents had to take the little bra ...
darlings instead.

No roof rack for the big car Mary? Trust me, the kids love it ..
especially if it's not raining ... you don't have to listen to their
bickering and theres no problem if they spill drink or drop crisps
etc. (saves risking breaking the law these days by "pointing at them
in an uncaring manor").

All the best ..

T i m