T i m

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:31:16 +0000, Mark Carver
wrote:

MM wrote:
According to a round-up of the Sunday papers: "Ikea's newest outlet at
Edmonton in north London, which opens next month,....

That's the fourth store in London now, and still nothing in Southern
England.

IKEA realise there's life north of Watford, but not yet south of the M4
(Yes I know the Bristol store is, *just*).

Nothing still to serve those of us who have no wish to venture inside
the M25, and sit forever on the N/S circulars.

Onlt been there twice (Iron Bridge is it) and that was because I was
passing. I rarely bother going into London (in spite of being consumed
by it now being only 12 miles from the City) and would rather drive 50
miles North than 5 miles South ;-(

A mate drove one of the 12 Artics that made up the Eagles road tour
and the leg he did was from Norway (or summat) into Russia. After a
few hundred miles of nothing and on the final few miles into Moscow
guess what was the first establishment they saw was ...?

Yep, Ikea ... then ...

McDonalds .. !

Moscow could still be quicker for me than the Nth Circ ... ;-(

All the best ..

T i m