Paul Kierstead

Glenna Rose wrote:
Like you, at one time, I thought they were "cute" critters to have around.
However, that was before they destroyed several bird feeders which were
not cheap. It was also before they started chewing anything plastic they
could find in the yard.

Horror stories of squirrels deleted...
I think yours might be a little more agressive then ours which can be a
pest occasionally but not exceedingly so. Well, except for the bird
feeder thing. The squirrels and birds share food in my yard and I do not
try to "house" any birds, nor do I try to feed certain kinds of birds; I
just kinda leave it as a free for all. It is interesting to watch
sometimes. The Jay's will run off the squirrels for the good bits of
food, like peanuts. The chickadee's hang around the edges of the zone
waiting for the squirrels to get into a fight and then hop in and swipe
some of the food. Doves sort of hang out, eat some of the food that has
been dropped off. CHipmunks also steal out from under the squirrels,
especially when they are fighting. And there are others too...all in
all, a good show and great cat TV.

PK