George

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
How can I find out which coating is on the floors? How can I protect
and preserve
the floors? What should I use to clean and preserve them?

Thanks,

Mike

If they are coated with shellac, it will dissolve with alcohol. In an
inconspicuous place (or in a closet), moisten it with denatured alcohol.

For
years, Murphy's Oil Soap was used for floors but there may be better
products now.

If there are, I haven't seen 'em.

Also great for the dash and plastic in your car and all the plastic on your
computer gear. I remember how surprised I was at first to see Motorola
recommending it for radio cases (don't want ammonia), but my doubts
disappeared once I tried it.