George

"Silvan" wrote in message
In working on the redesign of my shop, I'm planning some sort of outfeed
table. The table bit is obvious enough. I'm trying to think what else to
do with the space.

The saw eats most of my itty bitty shop, and the outfeed area is a corner
that has always been poorly utilized for one reason or another. I've had
all kinds of stuff there over the years, but have never found an efficient
way to use the space.

Doubling up is a great idea if you can do it. My outfeed table fits
securely level to the tablesaw and conceals my shaper, which is on a
home-made stand with two drawers and two shelves for bits and fences. Makes
it easy to span both with a slab of reinforced MDO for glue work, too.

My router table lives on a home-built stand underneath my belt/disk sander
until required, then it's clamped onto the Workmate which normally hangs
behind it. The left wing of my tablesaw shelters part of my jointer, which
rests on a homebuilt stand low enough so that I can clear wood over it on
the saw.

Everything but the tablesaw and drill press is on wheels in my shop, giving
space, when required, to another tool. Even the lathe _can_ be moved, but
it's a chore and a half.