Uncle Lucky

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:47:02 -0600, Wayne wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:01:44 GMT, Andy Asberry

wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:10:32 GMT, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Richard J Kinch wrote:

I searched eBay for "Steve Seward". 0 hits.
Criminals can be pretty dumb, but

Jon

They certainly can. I once had a thief try to sell me an air
compressor he had taken out of my service truck he had stolen. I held
him for the cops. They found 42 stolen vehicles at his place in the
country. Many Mercedes and big trucks. Over a million $.

How did you hold him? Seems like he would just get
up and leave after a while.

Depends on if it's a concealed-carry state or not, I suppose. Armed victims
tend to make criminals a bit more ...docile...

NC is a CC state but it is unlawful to make a citizens arrest. Legally you
cannot hold a person against their will here no matter the circumstances. I
learned this while taking the conceal carry course a couple years ago. The
instructor took delight in pointing out several discrepancies between common
sense and the law. That being understood, I'd still "hold" a perp till the
cops arrive and worry about a possible lawsuit later.
Health & Peace,
Lance