Rob Stow

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
Rob Stow wrote:

It's winter time in the Great White North. -35'C overnight but
it has warmed up all the way to -22'C so far this afternoon.

Doesn't matter how often you warn them to use a humidifier. The
knowledge /you/ have acquired over the years means nothing to
them until /after/ they fry something. At which point they
wonder why you never warned them about it before.

I'm in Arizona and haven't used any heat yet, and the indoor humidity
was 20% even when it was 4% outdoors (measured with wet and dry bulb
thermometers). I'm sure that the zaps weren't from high voltage (I
touch metal to metal before plugging anything in) but from high
current.

When it gets as cold as it has been today, it is not unusual to
have 80% r.h. outdoors, but 10% to 15% indoors if a humidifier is
not used. You drink a *lot* of water when you visit someone who
doesn't use a humidifier.

At such places, it is not unusual to see huge freaking blue-white
sparks fly if you walk across a carpet and then reach out towards
something grounded.

Dogs learn quickly to stay away from children. ;-)