Jerry G.

You will have to follow the video signal path through the sync separator
with a scope, and look for where the vertical sync signal is lost. Many
times, it is a defective coupling or decoupler cap that can cause this.
However, there are times, when these types of faults can get a bit complex.

I would suggest to NOT mess with any adjustments. The proper answer is to
troubleshoot the unit, and fix the fault.

--

Jerry G.
======

"mydaj [ROR]" wrote in message
My Epson projector developed a vertical roll. Cannot locate any
vertical hold adjustment and my service manual does not provide any
help. Projector is too old to be worth repair shop costs, but I just
replaced lamp ($200) and would like to get a little more use from it.