John Anderton

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:41:48 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

"John Borman" wrote in message

Reed bed sewage treatment

Big debate on whether these are legal or not. My authority will not allow
them no matter how much you plead with them despite the huge amounts of
cow-****e the reeds in our fields deal with.
Also septic tanks are discourage and they want Klaristers (sp?) installed.

I'm curious about this.

Somebody else on this group has mentioned trouble getting permission
for a septic tank recently but I got one put in just over a year ago
with no problems at all.

Is this another case of environmental agencies in different areas
having different interpretations of the new regulations regarding
septic tanks, I wonder ?

Cheers,

John