Doug Winterburn

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:40:01 +0000, Denis Marier wrote:

I was not successful with using a 4 inches PVC pipe as a feeder. Flying
squirrels have jumped on it and chewed up the PVC to enlarge the feeding
slots. Today I made a prototype using a 4 inches metal cylinder instead
of PVC with only narrow sluts at the bottom for the birds to feed. I
watched the bird using the feeder this afternoon and its working good.
Tomorrow I'll how the squirrels tackle the new metal cylinder. If it
works well I'll use stainless steel cylinder in making the next feeder.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but ask where you found the narrow sluts?

- Doug