Rich

wrote in message
Rich wrote:

You have my numbers. Would you have any evidence for your article of

faith?

I have no faith in your numbers because...

You have none whatsoever! :-)

Nick

I have no faith in someone who can not answer questions. "Numbers" are
meaningless unless you can explain how you derived them. Your arithmetic
appears to be OK but you did not even explain how you derived the formula.
You would have received a maximum of an incomplete in my class. I am
trying to see if you can think.

You are somehow going to magically evaporate 2.62 lb/h of water. As far as
I know that can only be achieved with the largest of coolers using extremely
hot and dry air. I want to know what apparatus will do such a thing in an
environment such as you describe. The portable unit you picked can't
evaporate more than about two gallons a day using 10%, 100 degree air. How
are you going to make it evaporate 7 gallons using air that already has a
higher water content and temperature approaching 80 degrees.

It is rather simply to state that evaporating a gallon of water will remove
8100 BTUs of energy from the air. The mechanism is something else.

A well designed pad for a whole house cooler has 3000 to 4500 square foot
of surface area for evaporation.

That portable one probably has about 500 square foot.