Art

You need to build to local building code as if the room is heated and garage
is not.

"Jeff Guay" wrote in message
Hi,
I am in the process of insulating by detached garage. I have installed a
Hot Dawg unit heater and insulated the walls with R13 faced fiberglass.
The garage has two floors. The upstairs is unfinished and has dreams of
becoming a game room or studio apartment. When this happens I will
install
a seperate heating system, but for now it will be unheated.
My question is what type of insulation should I install in the 2X8, 16" on
center, ceiling of the garage? Since the floor above will be heated
someday, I am assuming unfaced. Should I go with standard R-19 (6 1/4"
thick), R-21(5 1/2" thick) or even something like MIRAFLEX R-25(8 3/4"
thick)?
I live in upstate NY, I believe the design temp is around 10 below.
Thanks,
Jeff