NSM

"Rob Stow" wrote in message
news:1cfGd.86385$8l.61931@pd7tw1no...

| It's winter time in the Great White North. -35'C overnight but
| it has warmed up all the way to -22'C so far this afternoon.
|
| I hate this time of the year because I have to deal with all the
| friends, friends-of-friends, etc., who fry keyboards, mice, PS/2
| ports, and USB ports simply by sitting down to use their computer
| in a room with 15% relative humidity.
|
| Doesn't matter how often you warn them to use a humidifier. The
| knowledge /you/ have acquired over the years means nothing to
| them until /after/ they fry something. At which point they
| wonder why you never warned them about it before.

Radio Shack used to sell 'Anti Static Spray' which, AFAIK, was a detergent
solution you sprayed on the carpet. Also, ISTR some sort of grounding pad
you could get which you touched before touching the computer. I suppose some
sort of USB spike suppressor is possible but I haven't seen one so far.

Even in the Lower Mainland, BC, it's -6 C. We don't care for that sort of
thing in Lotus Land. Even the freaks are staying indoors.