Rob Stow

NSM wrote:
"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in message
ups.com...

| How does that help when a powered hub costs as much as a PCI USB card
| and has ports that are just as vulnerable to zapping as the card's?

What is zapping these? This seems to be unusual? Is the grounding OK on your
systems?

It's winter time in the Great White North. -35'C overnight but
it has warmed up all the way to -22'C so far this afternoon.

I hate this time of the year because I have to deal with all the
friends, friends-of-friends, etc., who fry keyboards, mice, PS/2
ports, and USB ports simply by sitting down to use their computer
in a room with 15% relative humidity.

Doesn't matter how often you warn them to use a humidifier. The
knowledge /you/ have acquired over the years means nothing to
them until /after/ they fry something. At which point they
wonder why you never warned them about it before.