Rich Grise

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:48:03 -0800, DaveC wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:43:25 -0800, Rich Grise wrote
(in article ):

In a case like this, where you would have to toss it anyway, it might have
been worthwhile to slap a diode in series with the D & R in that one, and
see what happens.

I still might. I'm the curious type.

The Panasonic pack (the one that always worked with this Panasonic charger)
has 2 diodes and 2 resistors (240 ohm and 120 ohm). The Milwaukee pack (that
never really fully charged, and never lit the "charging" LED) has one diode
and one resistor (200 ohm).

Add a diode and 160 ohms of resistance to the Milwaukee pack?

The resistors are all light blue, which remind me of flameproof types. How do
you identify it as a NTC resistor if it is such?

Do you mean, completely light blue, without any bands? Do they have any
printing or any kind of identification at all? And I'm afraid I don't know
what an NTC resistor looks like anyway, sorry.

But I think what you've said - add one diode and 160 ohms, will probably
do no harm - you'll hear it before it smokes! If your meters go way out
of spec, pull the plug and call the experiment a success - you learned
that _that_ didn't work! ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich