SteveH

Bee wrote:

Thanks for the history, but that only revealed the poor quality in design
where the other components could not stand the strain and eventually failed.
Yes, I do remember reading something like that in the Wireless World. This
must be 20 years ago. Or, was it a Mullard/Ferguson chassis? Anyway, I
have come to the conclusion, actually about the same time, that big names
meant nothing. Poor design is time and again the villain, and provided that
is controlled, as, for example, in TV where the design is now mature, an
electronic equipment from a small company can be as good as, if not better
than, one from a big one. Not accepting this fact is sticking the head into
sand, and giving away good money at the same time.

We're not comparing small with big companies.

We're comparing a factory that produces low-grade, disposable TVs for a
variety of manufacturers to one who produces a quality product.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL