alexy

s wrote:

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:32:30 -0500, alexy wrote:

This is my first experience flattening with hand planes, and I am
pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to get pretty darned good
flatness with just a home-made scrub, a flea-market #5c, and my prized
"worker" 100-year-old #8.

fun, eh?

Yes, it is! Brings a smile to my face in a way that running through a
30" belt sander never could. Of course if this were bus.woodworking
rather than rec.woodworking, and I put any value at all on my time, I
would be singing a different tune.