Bubba

On 15 Jan 2005 21:22:53 GMT, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

In article , no (Trmonaghan) writes:

| However, now that it's down to about 5 degrees, it's doing it again. I've
| heard other people say that their furnaces do this recycling thing as well, but
| they don't worry about it since it always comes back on.

I did worry about a similar short-cycle problem on a 350MAV because it
caused the hot surface ignitor module to fail from constant use. The
problem turned out to be bad solder joints on the controller board. Later
I found out that there was a recall for the problem, but my service person
didn't know about it. N.B. my short cycle was more like 30 seconds (the
time it took for the joints to heat up and lose contact) so don't read too
much into it...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

Youve been fed a line of crap. Your igniter didnt break because of
short cycling. It broke because almost all of them did. Igniters suck
for customers and they make money for we hvac guys. "Hey, dont blame
me. I didnt make them". If you are talking about the recall on the
burning up main circuit boards, that was a line of crap from your
fixit guy too. Everyone, and I mean Everyone knew about those boards,
Bryant dealer or not. First they were going bad, then they decided to
move them from the upper area to down in the blower area. They still
burn up. They have gone through way too many revisions on that board.
HK********007 on up to 016 now I believe. Its called Bryant/Carrier's
consumer product testing. Bryant/Carrier tests and you the consumer
pays for it, ....dearly, I might add.
Bubba