Salad

Default Motion Detector Lights question

I saw a motion detector light that has various time settings; Test, 1
min, 2 min, 5 min, dusk-to-dawn. These lights also boast a manual
override by flicking the electic switch.

I want to put the light near my pool. The light switch is in the garage
behind a door.

I want to set the timer to something like 2 minutes. However, there
will be times that I will want the light to stay on for longer than 2
minutes. I don't want to unlock the garage door to get access to the
light switch to create a manual override.

Will simply switching the light from 2 minutes to dusk-to-dawn turn the
light on and keep it on without requiring a reset? That's the type of
"manual" override I want.