Trmonaghan

Default Bryant 393AAV won't hold flame

Looking for a little info and a little advice. First of all, the only thing I
am knowledgeable on in regards to the furnace is how to turn the thermostat up.
That being said....(I can see all of you rolling your eyes)...

I have a Bryant 393AAV that's about 7 or 8 years old. I had trouble in the
past that was repaired: The igniter comes on and glows red, the flame starts.
The flame goes out after two or three seconds. The igniter glows again and it
usually starts on the second try, although it sometimes goes for a third. I
was told by the HVAC guy who came out that there was some sort of flaw that
caused air from the induction(?) fan to blow on the flames, blowing them out.
He put a plate between the fan and flames and it seemed to solve the problem.
That was about two years ago. I might add that the guy also cleaned everything
at that same time.

However, now that it's down to about 5 degrees, it's doing it again. I've
heard other people say that their furnaces do this recycling thing as well, but
they don't worry about it since it always comes back on. Me, on the other
hand, worry about such things, since I envision burst pipes and explosions and
me standing on the driveway in my underwear, freezing to death, being
interviewed by the local news media, and my neighbors looking out the windows
of their cozy homes, laughing at me.

Any suggestions?

Theresa