Roger Shoaf

wrote in message

The connector above my water heater is dripping what looks like
green/white stuff around one of the connectors...

What is it? It looks kind of chemicalish, definitely does not look
like water. Will it eat away the pipe? What do I do?

Replace the connectors. You also might want to check your anode and flush
any sediment. For a how to check out:
http://waterheaterrescue.com/

A lot of good how to info.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

The connectors on the cold water pipe also looks a little green, but
it does not leak at all. The water heater is about 15 years old..

thanks.

Raymond