Travis Jordan

Mark wrote:
In Southwest Ohio, I am currently paying about 1.01 per CCF for
natural gas and about .0704 per kWH for electricity, and I am looking
at a house to buy that has an old Williamsom electric furnace and
heat pump. With the approximate doubling of the cost of natural gas
in the last two years, I am wondering how the cost of electricity now
compares to natural gas. The cost figures I have used include the
various riders and other miscellanous charges that are part of both
bills. Therefore, I would like to how electricity compares to gas at
these prices. The house is a good deal in other ways, and I am still
wondering if gas is significantly cheaper than electricity.

Virtually everywhere in the U.S. gas is still cheaper than electricity,
especially if you compare the energy efficiency of electric furnaces to 80%
gas furnaces. Consider a dual-fuel system for your new house - gas furnace
with heat pump.