Mark

Default How does electric heat compare to gas heat at today's prices.

In Southwest Ohio, I am currently paying about 1.01 per CCF for natural
gas and about .0704 per kWH for electricity, and I am looking at a
house to buy that has an old Williamsom electric furnace and heat pump.
With the approximate doubling of the cost of natural gas in the last
two years, I am wondering how the cost of electricity now compares to
natural gas. The cost figures I have used include the various riders
and other miscellanous charges that are part of both bills. Therefore,
I would like to how electricity compares to gas at these prices. The
house is a good deal in other ways, and I am still wondering if gas is
significantly cheaper than electricity.

Thanks,

MD