mwlogs

the only experience I've had with the over-the-oven microwaves is with my
parents. they've had some problems with their farily expensive GE unit that
is only a few years old. The motor for the carasel has gone out, the
controls don't always work correctly, and the plastic door handle and
'grill' have both broken.

I blame some of this on the extra heat the unit has to endure when the cook
top is used. When I remodel my kitchen, I'm staying with seperate units.

Mark

"Stan" wrote in message
m...
I need to replace my range hood which is vented outside. I am considering
buying an over-the-range microwave which can also be vented out.

Range hood has a two-stage 200 CFM fan

Microwave (I am looking at GE Profile XL1800) has three stage + booster
300
CFM fan.
However, microwave duct has several elbows which decreases vent
efficiency,
and range hood pretty much blows straight out.

I have heard an opinion that over-the-range microwaves are not as good in
terms of venting comparing to the range hoods.

Any opinions on that?

Thanks,

-Stan