Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:13:17 GMT, "jay" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

... would being in a room with more than one
microwave oven running at a time, in general, be unsafe ...?

One of them is an 800 watt stand-alone unit and I believe the built-in unit to be
approximately 1000 watts.

Are they are on the same circuit? If so, then calculate the total
power consumption on that circuit, especially if other high power
appliances (eg toaster, electric jug) are being used concurrently. You
*may* find that your circuit breaker will be subject to nuisance
tripping.

- Franc Zabkar