Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Brian Anderson wrote:
Hello,

I have a Kenmore dishwasher that's only a few months old,

Don't get too deep into the d.w and void your warranty!

installed myself. Some weeks after being installed, it
started making a hellacious vibrational noise at startup and
again at a few select moments in its cycling. The noise can
sometimes last for several minutes. I found that sometimes
turning on the kitchen tap puts an immediate stop to the
noise, so I'm thinking this is maybe a venting problem?

Is this likely to be a problem with the dishwasher
installation, or could the problem be somewhere else in the
pipes and only show up as vibration with the dishwasher?

Any help is appreciated.

A good chance that they will replace the fill valve, it may not be
opening or closing properly and causing the pipes to bang. I would
check your install in case something is touching or against somthing
else and banging creating the noise.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/