The Natural Philosopher

Huge wrote:

The Natural Philosopher writes:

[90 lines snipped]

But the main protagonist is a rather nice weeping willow some 10 meters

from the worst corner. I am fond of willows, though they have a

reputation for this kind of thuggery.

The arborist who came to look at our situation said that the rule of thumb
is 1.5 times the diameter of the drip line for oaks and twice for willows,
although the rule I've heard for willows is that if you can see them from an
upstairs windows, they're too close. Pity, 'cos I like willows.

Ten that is probably the actual real live issue, and cutting its roots
will stabilize that corner.

I am leaning (haha) towards it being less of a problem than I thought.

I think the next thing is to await the sellers structural report.

My gut instinct is to go deep alongside, and pour some concrete to
prevent the roots getting back in.