BigWallop

"Lobster" wrote in message
Lurch wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:23:58 GMT, raden strung
together this:

I think that's the one, post the URL

Just trying to remember when I saw the article in the Shropshire Star.
Can't seem to find anything in via the search in there archive and
Googles a bit useless. I'm still on the case though, I'll post it if I
find it.

Here we go... this is the one!! Think this is the whole sorry saga in
sequence:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2073030.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2667757.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/3009188.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/3142762.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/3143313.stm

You know... someone should really collect all the links and refs in this
thread for the humour(?) section in the FAQ... BigWallop??!

David

ROFLMAO !!!!!

Thanks for that David. We haven't laughed that much in a long time. When
we got to the part where Mr Nseowo said "all this was against his human
rights", my missus said in her best Ali G accent "Is it cos' I'se black?"
because that is what it seems he is now going to try and claim. I'm still
laughing after nearly half an hour of reading it. My sides and jaw hurt.
:-)

The thick **** can't see that the thing he erected, on two storeys, was a
total shambles and needed pulling down for his own, and his families,
safety. God. Did you see the size of the canopy thing? More a lean-over
than a lean-to I thought.

And the links and stories just keep getting better guys. Thanks again for
all the contributions so far. They are making a bored old couple greatly
amused.

I'll leave the link collecting part to you or someone else David. I, well,
her there, just wanted to know if "I" was the only DIYer to do silly little
things like spill a few drops of paint on the old rug or cut a nick out of a
finger that doesn't bleed much but throbs like hell a lot. So these stories
are going a long way to show her that a little cut finger is not as great
DIY disaster, no matter how much cussing and swearing is involved in putting
the band-aid on it.

I am glad that I'm now being allowed to put the finishing touches to the
things I started before the Christmas break. :-) LOL !!

Keep all them stories coming, people !!! :-)