firstjois

Jeff P. wrote:
I've used spray poly on a bunch of projects and the first coat seems
to take several days to dry completely. The second and third coats
dry in a more reasonable period of time it seems.

As for the roughness, that's pretty normal. You need to take fine
(220 grit) sandpaper and go gently over it. Apply a second coat,
allow to dry and then sand it again. Apply a third coat and you
should be done. A dust free environment is of utmost importance
here. After sanding be sure to thoroughly clean off the project
before applying another coat. Try to keep the area as dust free as
humanly possible.

--
Jeff P.

[snip]

After sanding I wait overnight for all the dust to settle, wipe off dust as
suggested in other posts, wait an hour or so, wipe off dust again, and then
varnish or finish. Small things can be placed under a canopy of dish
cloths or sheet of plastic but for the large things - I give dust time to
settle.

Josie