futzman

Okay, well I'll start the fray

I just bought a Sony HDR-FX1 a couple weeks ago. In the past I've used
quite a number of MiniDV cams including a Canon XL1 and GL1 and other
lower-end Mini-DV cams. I have to say I'm VERY impressed with the HDR-FX1
but not just because of the HDV quality (which is spectacular, btw) but
because of the ability to run this camera in auto and manual modes and
various combinations. Also, it has real buttons and switches instead of
annoying menu selections for the common manual functions (like iris control
and white balance). I could go on and on about what I like about this
camera because so far I like almost everything about it. The only negatives
I can see at all is the lack of XLR audio inputs (which are present on the
pro model of this camera) and the fact that it has a fixed lens. Is it the
best 3-chip minidv? If not the best, it certainly is in the top 2 or 3 for
the price (around $3200 street price).

" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the best 3-Chip MiniDV cam on the market? Or, should would
Digital 8mm be the better way to go?

Doug Miller