DOC

The holdridge stuff is VERY nice but you need a fat wallet!

If you want to build something you might try:
http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/baltool/balltool.html

This is basically the DIY version of the Holdridge design.

Made up one myself but changed the design a bit and added
bushings.

Works very well.

DOC

Buy my junk! http://www3.sympatico.ca/doc/robotone/for-sale.html

"Dixon" wrote in message
news

"Craig" wrote in message
ups.com...
What would be the best way to cut a round bottom groove (need a few
diff. sizes-1" 11/4" and 11/2") in a piece of steel about 8-9" in dia.?
I want to make dies for a tubing bender. Would a radius attachment work
for something like this? Where could I find one?
Thanks,
Craig

A company called holdridge makes a unit for around a thousand that is

manual
and works great. You would want their 4" model. MSC or any of the others
have them. There are three on Ebay right now.
Dixon