MM

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:16:35 +0000 (UTC), "timycelyn"
wrote:

2. A public stink?..............

I tend to agree with all your points, and especially, by implication,
that our country is now run by petty Neo Labour jobsworths who cannot
find enough red tape for all their daft plans. But in a country that
can't raise even a half-hearted protest about the shocking state of
affairs with British justice - Belmarsh, arse-licking over Guantanamo
and the Nazis running the US administration, jury-less trials,
becoming banged up for 'acts preparatory to terrorism', acquiescence
in 'torture-lite' provided it is done abroad - I don't hold out much
hope that the general public is going to rouse its usual apathetic
self over something as relatively trivial as Part P.

MM