T i m

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 04:55:43 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Well, I'm sorry too, because I can't find anything, anywhere, that says a
standard RCD in a normal domestic installation will trip the supply unless
there is a fault from Phase to Earth.

Not sure this helps anything but when I was rewiring Dads garage a
while back I fitted one of those little RCD + 2 x MCB CU's.

I had powered it all up and was using the 'lighting' CCT and had the
live switched out on the MCB. I cut through the T&E on the 'Power' cct
and the RCD tripped (because the RCD had detected earth current
derived from the neutral potential as they were shorted by my
cutters?).

All the best ..

T i m