Martin H. Eastburn

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:31:28 -0800, the renowned "william_b_noble"
wrote:

why strobe? you are doing this the hard way. use a prox sensor (keyance
makes them, for example) and a programmable tach - red lion, minarik, even
the one that Spehro Pefhany sells - what is your purpose with these
measurments, spindle speed or something else?

Thanks. BTW, here's an installation report with photos that Scott W.
sent me (on a woodworking lathe, but same diff):

http://home.comcast.net/~scottgrp/tachulator.htm

Skip's tacho (mentioned in another post) uses my module inside as
well, BTW.

Two pickups can be switched with a DPDT toggle (diagram on last page
of this manual: http://www.trexon.com/pdfs/tachulator_module_revB.pdf)

Either is about 100.00.

I've also got some laser handheld tachs if you'd prefer that, for less
money. And an automotive multimeter coming up for that kind of RPM
(inductive pickup off the sparkplug).

Does anyone use stroboscopes these days? I've made a prototype
digitally controlled strobe that might be good for looking closely at
the operation of machinery with linkages and that sort of thing, but
no real plans to produce it at this point.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Yes I have a Stroboscope - black box type not the newer gray models.
I have to re-new the power supply - electrolytic have gone. It is ~ 50 years old.
But Paid for!

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn