Default Need to replace faucet - what are good brands?

The cheap Delta 2-handle faucets in our bathrooms are leaking, and
replacement of the O rings only slowed the leaks. And I think they're
ugly anyway, so this is a good excuse to replace them. :-) I found
posts recommending Moen, Price Pfister, and Delta, but then I've found
just as many posts complaining about them. I know to look for metal
parts instead of plastic (but I don't really know *where* to look for
plastic). And we have hard water. I'd prefer to keep it under $100 - I
know a $19.99 faucet isn't going to be the best quality, but I also
know a $500 faucet isn't necessarily better than a $100 faucet. Would
we have better luck with better Delta faucets - did ours fail because
they're Delta, because they're cheap, or because of our hard water or
some other factor? Any brands/types I should consider, or avoid?
Thanks
Tracy