raden

In message , Mark
writes
Paul Barker typed:

Howver let me point
out a few obvious mistakes which would fail you on your pipework
practical during ACS assessment.

1/ Before we solder a gas pipe we cap off the meter (best not just to
disk it, put a proper cap on it or remove it completely and turn it
upside down or put something suitable over the two holes to prevent
the gas escaping, without which there is a very real danger of
explosion. This explosion could easily cause a mortal injury and
damage to property.

2/ Connect temporary earth bond upstream first then downstream and
then break into the pipe.

Ha Ha and in the real world.
Contractors are replacing gas main and laying new plastic gas pipe inserts
into houses in town.
Technique: dig hole, wrap live gas pipe in denco, cut with hacksaw,

Ah, so we might have a clue to DIMM's "gainful " employment

HUGE
smell of gas, knock blanking plug onto old fitting.

Yeah, well it is only explosive at about 10 - 15% concentration

--
geoff