Phil Bowser

I am neither defending, or slandering Hitachi here, but I can tell you
this: If MAN made it, it will break. Whenever returning a repaired set to
a customer, I am often asked the age old question, "Is it going to break
again?" Most everyone acts shocked at my quick, honest answer - "Yes, of
course." Sometime in the future, maybe near, maybe a long, long time from
now, that TV, etc., etc. WILL break again. Only Heaven and Earth last
forever. I believe your Hitachi may need convergence output ICs - probably
a small price to pay for 53 inches of viewing pleasure regardless of brand
name. I wish I had even just one dollar apiece from everytime I heard a
phrase like "I will never buy RCA again", or "I will never buy Zenith
again", or, or, - you get the idea... Funny thing is, there's not one brand
(except maybe some obscure name) that I HAVEN'T heard in one of those
statements...

"smann" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have the same model 53UWX10B HITACHI projection HDTV. Just yesterday
it started to have the exact same problem. The convergence is way off
and magic focus will not fix it. The TV is 3 years old and I called
Hitachi today and they were not very helpful. When I told the guy that
I was surprised that this set went bad so soon, he said, "well the TV
is several years old". So don't expect Hitachi TVs to last more than
3 years. I have a CRT Emerson that has lasted me ten years, so far.
HITACHI SUCKS, I will never by another Hitachi product again.