Don

Default Mitsubishi CS-3515R Television

I actually asked about this set quite some time back, but unfortunately have
lost me notes on the thread........

The set is a Mitsubishi CS-3515R (manufactured Oct 1992). When first turned
on, the picture is collapsed into a horizontal line midway between the top
and the bottom of the screen. Based on varying intensity and strong green
from the menu items (e.g. channel, volume, etc), it seems the horizontal
scan is fine. Sometimes after 5-30 minutes (i.e. the set "warms up") the
picture expands to full screen. Today when I was toying with it, the
picture would occasionally snap to full screen for less then a second and
then collapse into the horizontal line.

Given this the above, I am guessing:

1) A case of dried electrolytics in the vertical section.

2) Bad IC in vertical section.

Now for the questions:

1) Is this "collapsed" picture a relatively common problem?

2) If it is, any estimate on cost to repair?

3) Is it user serviceable (i.e. replace caps C101, C02, etc)?

4) Given the set is in otherwise very good condition, is it worth fixing?

Thanks!!

Don