AZGuy wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:28:05 -0500, "
wrote:

I see no reason to worry about it. We often run two at the same time.
I'm sure many lower quality/price restaurants often run several at the
same time. IIRC, unless you are standing VERY close to the microwave
AND it has a defective door you have nothing to worry about as far as
stray radiation. And it's not like it's stray x-rays, it's just radio
waves.

http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/phys_...ovens.html#top

I'd like to know just what about my "argument" you think sucks. I
very clearly said "unless you are standing VERY close to the microwave

The supporting factoids that you gave for your conclusion we
(A) That you do it a lot, and that (B) it's only radio waves.

The first factoid is irrelevent, all it proves is that it hasn't
killed you yet. and the second is almost, but not completely, false.
It's not "just radio waves", it's microwaves. And if you actually
managed to expose yourself to them, they could and would kill you.

I agree that operating two of them is safe, but the reason for that
is that the microwaves stay inside the oven, not that microwaves
aren't dangerous.

--Goedjn