Rich

Default Spar Urethane, bumpy table top

I used Helmsman Spar Urethane spray on a computer desk table top and
although it has been 24 hours it still feels tacky, but my big concern is
that it feels bumpy. The humidity level here in Arizona is 68% so the tacky
doesn't worry me as much as the bumpy thing.

I sanded the table top down reaeeealy smooth, and stained it. It was nice
and dry and smooth before I applied this stuff.

Question:

Did the Home Depot man sell me the wrong stuff? Is this stuff any good for
desk tops? I wanted something really smooth. Am I supposed to sand this
down? This was a spray can and I think I'm feeling the small particles that
sprayed out onto the surface. I followed the instructions.

Is my table top screwed? Should I sand it down and put something else on it?

I'm not a furniture builder, I'm a desperate software programmer who
couldn't find a certain type of computer desk after 2 weeks of searching
funiture shops... I about have this thing finished and it looks really nice
but this surface don't look right.

Richard