Grady

Strictly spindle speed. I figured strobe would be cheaper than prox. I am
not against anything that will work well under vibration and not cost an arm
and a leg, and that I can assemble myself.

"william_b_noble" wrote in message
news:1105687447.bb718ef0ee76f23e8f5dc62d2cd5932e@t eranews...
why strobe? you are doing this the hard way. use a prox sensor (keyance
makes them, for example) and a programmable tach - red lion, minarik, even
the one that Spehro Pefhany sells - what is your purpose with these
measurments, spindle speed or something else?

"Grady" wrote in message
Anyone in here good with electronics? I would like to build a digital
spindle tach with multiple input selection on strobe signal. I would like

mount to the wall above my bench, then run sensor wires to both my lathe

and
my mill.