Greybeard

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:13:54 -0500, "Dixon"
wrote:

"Craig" wrote in message
oups.com...
What would be the best way to cut a round bottom groove (need a few
diff. sizes-1" 11/4" and 11/2") in a piece of steel about 8-9" in dia.?
I want to make dies for a tubing bender. Would a radius attachment work
for something like this? Where could I find one?
Thanks,
Craig

A company called holdridge makes a unit for around a thousand that is manual
and works great. You would want their 4" model. MSC or any of the others
have them. There are three on Ebay right now.
Dixon

Did mine with a fly cutter and dividing head in the mill, slow, but it
worked.

Greybeard