T i m

Default RCD he say 'click' ?

So,

There I was, minding my own business when 'click' all the power went
off in the room. I only had a side light on at the time so thought it
could have been a power cut. Went to the hall and found the light on
so realised it was just my power ccts. Reset the RCD and it tripped
again. Switched off all the MCB's, reset the RCD and turned the MCB's
back on one at a time .. upstairs ring .. 'click'. I then removed all
plugs from the ring and RCD reset ok. Plugging things back in found
the washing machine (there is a little utility area also on upstairs
ring) was the cause (but only when switched on at the socket to it's a
live earth fault?)

So, what is likely to be the cause of a washing machine tripping the
power when it's not actually turned on itself (ie what's between the
plug and the main switch in the machine .. It's an AEG OKO-Lavamat
6100 Digitronic if that makes any difference?)

I'll pull it out and have a look tomorrow but I fancied some pointers
meantime?

"Place yer bets please .. " ;-)

All the best ..

T i m