Rich Grise

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:34:35 -0800, DaveC wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:32:34 -0800, Jerry G. wrote
(in article ):

If you are replacing this diode you will have to be sure of its
specifications before simply using any diode off the shelf. There may be
some safety and performance issues here. This is why I prefer to go out and
get the original battery packs for my equipment rather than jeopardizing
safety and performance for a few dollars saved.

Yes, you're right, I feel.

In this Panasonic pack, I simply replaced the cells with new ones, and the
pack seems to charge and perform as it used to when new.

Another pack, by another manufacturer (Milwaukee), fits this charger, but was
never meant to be used with it. This pack has one "diode" and one "resistor"
(in quotes, because we're making assumptions, of course). It never performed
similarly, because it never charged fully.

In a case like this, where you would have to toss it anyway, it might have
been worthwhile to slap a diode in series with the D & R in that one, and
see what happens.

Cheers!
Rich